April 18th - September 2 (2022)
1. University Drive East between Gaglardi Way and University High Street
2. Nelson Way between University Drive East and Greenhouse Lane
Refer to the map below.
Work to be completed:
Paving and upgrade work on University Drive East and Nelson Way
- Road surface paving
- Installation of street lighting
- Sidewalk widening
1. The section of University Drive East between Gaglardi Way and Tower Road will be subject to traffic pattern changes, lessened to one lane in each direction with potential for alternating single lane traffic during the work day.
2. Delays and detours can be expected along University Drive East and Nelson Way.
2. Nelson Way, located between University Drive East and Greenhouse Lane, will be subject to lane closures, temporary traffic pattern changes and single lane alternating traffic.
3. Access to and from south parking lots and the south parkade will be subject to temporary access interruptions and potential temporary closures.
4. Sidewalks and trail access routes along University Drive East and Nelson Way will be subject to temporary closures.
5. Cyclists and pedestrians will be subject to detoured routing.
1. Be prepared for delays if your normal travel route includes University Drive East, Nelson Way and connecting roads and consider alternate routing during the project period.
2. Allow for extra travel time.
3. Changes and progress updates will be posted during the project period. Check back for updates.
4. Transit bus routing and schedules are not expected to be affected by this project.
5. Emergency response access routing to all areas of campus and UniverCity will be available throughout the project period.
Watch for equipment, construction vehicles, signs and crew working in the above areas.